Getting Rid Of Bad Dog Breath
Everyone loves having their dog around, playing cuddling and enjoying each other’s company. However one thing that can ruin the experience is bad breath! Either theirs or ours, though for us we know how to get rid of it, but what about dogs?
The first thing to remember is that it is not normal for dogs to have bad breath. It can be a sign of many issues and problems in the gums or teeth. So here are some tips to help combat this problem:
- Brush their teeth – very simple solution, just like we need a good clean so do dogs. This needs to be done regularly and regular depends on your dog’s breed. So check with a vet on best practise. Make sure the toothpaste is also an approved veterinarian It’s best to get in a routine and get your dog in a regular habit with brushing their teeth.
- Get Professional Help – Check out a local cleaning service or centre especially if you have not done regular cleaning in the past.
- Diet – Make sure your dog is given good wholesome, clean and healthy food. Diet plays a massive factor in overall health and no doubt contributes to bad breath as well. There are also diets based on dental health available, which you can check with your local vet.
- Bones to chew – use raw bones, make sure it is soft and good-sized and not raw. It will help remove tartar. There are other things like toys and treats out there but make sure they are suitable for your dog as some can be choking hazards depending on the size of your dog.
- Lemon water – just add a bit of lemon to their water to give them that fresh and clean breath. Additionally there are many other products you can add to the water that will clean their mouth.
- Toothpaste – another way other than with a toothbrush is to add a bit to their chewy toys. It’s an easier shortcut way of brushing their teeth!
- Treats – there are many treats out in the market that offer fresh breath and can be useful. Make sure your dog actually likes them, there is a wide variety so sure to find something.
Let me know if you have any other ideas and tips!