Hey Dog Lovers,
One of the things we love and enjoy is sharing food with friends and family. Since the beginning of time, sitting together and sharing food or ‘breaking bread’ has been a key feature life. So why not share some of our food with our best friends!
Here are some foods you can share with your dog without problems:
- Rice – as long as no garlic and onions. Also try and keep it organic as some rice types contain arsenic.
- Peanut Butter – Dogs love it, we love it, so why not share it! Full of nutrients and vitamins, it is safe to eat. Great way to get them to take medicine and pills if needed. But check the allergens as some dogs may have similar allergies to humans in regards to peanuts.
- Apples – without the core. A great treat, just make sure it is sliced for them, and a good source of fibre.
- Chicken – they simply love it and a good source of protein.
- Cooked eggs – just make sure they are cooked as raw are not good.
- Cheese – a popular treat, nice and tasty plus rich in calcium and protein.
- Carrots – it’s not just rabbit food! But a great vegetable that is perfect for dogs. So many benefits, from antioxidants and vitamins that are good for the heart, great for the eyes, regulate blood sugar levels and weight management. So much can be said for the benefits of carrots.
- Green Beans – great if managing weight, just make sure no salt is added.
- Lean meat – all good, just make sure it’s boneless.
- Berries – especially frozen berries in small amounts.
- Banana – great source of energy and nutrients.
- Sweet potato – great treat, maybe along with a bit of meat.
Let me know of other foods your dogs love that can be shared! There are plenty of other not on the list.